TIP: FOLLOW THE TOURIST ROUTE OF THE VINEYARDS OF HEART OF FRANCE!
The Vineyard Route in the heart of France invites you to stroll, from hillsides to castles, and offers 170 km of route in the heart of the French countryside. This course in a real vineyard garden will allow you to discover the cellars of the Center-Loire and their five appellations of origin: Sancerre, Menetou-Salon, Quincy, Reuilly, hillsides of Giennois, to which is added the vineyard of Châteaumeillant.
And to complete your discovery we offer you a small guide "Cellars and Good Addresses" with over 400 areas and a selection of restaurants.
The Coteaux du Giennois AOC
The vineyard is located on the slopes of the Loire, in Nièvre and Loiret and covers 200 hectares. It benefits from siliceous or calcareous soils.
The grape varieties: Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir and Gamay black with white juice.
Pouilly Fumé and Pouilly sur Loire AOC
Between Burgundy and Berry, the Pouilly vineyard covers 1,224 hectares on the right bank of the Loire.
The grape varieties: Sauvignon Blanc, which gives a smoky Pouilly with a characteristic bouquet and Chasselas, dry wine, which remains very popular. Smoked Pouilly is ideal for shellfish.
To discover in Pouilly-sur-Loire: The Tour du Pouilly Fumé.
An oenotouristic center with:
- an inventive scenography to better understand the vineyard, the work of the winemakers and the secrets of Pouilly Fumé.
- The cellar with aromas of Pouilly Fumé, with glass balloons presenting the aromatic families of white wines.
- A tasting area at the end of the visit.
- visits to vineyards and cellars: visit the Pouilly vineyard with a guide and discover the vineyards, grape varieties, local terroirs. The walk continues with a cellar visit. These tours are offered every Thursday afternoon in July and August.
This place immerses the visitor in an innovative multi-sensory journey that highlights the Pouilly vineyard and the know-how of the winemakers. This former coaching inn, located in the city center of Pouilly-sur-Loire was originally composed of a mansion with a vaulted cellar, a storeroom, a tower and a winery.
Discover an exceptional panorama of the Sancerrois vineyards from the Tour des Fiefs (XIIth century)
Located on the banks of the Loire, the vineyard of Sancerre covers 2770 hectares.
The grape varieties: Sauvignon Blanc, which has a deep affinity with Crottin de Chavignol and Pinot Noir, which illustrates meat and game. The rosés are also revealed on poultry in sauce.
To discover in Sancerre: the House of Sancerre.
An oenotouristic center with:
- testimonials from winemakers, work over the seasons, winemaking ... a space map where you compose your visit.
- a periscope that allows you to discover the 360 ° Sancerre panorama.
- the 4D movie adventure, to slip into the skin of a grape for an exceptional journey.
- a relief map, to better understand the uniqueness of the wines of Sancerre.
- a garden, full of color and flavors, to unveil the extraordinary range of aromas of the wines of Sancerre.